Sly is currently studying for his Certificate in Relaxation Massage and Sports Therapy at the New Zealand College of Massage. He will complete his studies end of this term. Sly also holds certificate in Reiki. Massage can be very useful with the majority of pathologies, and very complimetary when working out, especially CrossFit-either for improved health and fitness levels or more competitive sports goals.
Sly is aware of his scope of practice at Certificate level. If he is unable to assist you, he will discuss alternative treatment options or referrals with you
Take advantage of this great offer- and at an affordable rates s Sly currently charges student’s rate
There are many benefits of sports massage. However, there are three benefits that are very important for an athlete and coach to understand:
- Reduces the risk of injury.
- Speeds Recovery (from injury, training and performance).
- Enhances Performances
Benefits of relaxation massage are:
- Increases blood circulation and lymph flow.
- Decreases muscle tension, reduces tension headaches, and allows fuller functioning muscles and associated tissues.
- Frees up areas where layers of tissue have become attached to each other.
- Can reduce nerve irritability and pain.
- Improves lung function by assisting in the removal of secretions and releasing tension in over-tight muscles.
- Can reduce blood pressure and heart rate.
- Encourage good energy flow in the body, and can improve immune function and general vitality.
- A healthy, drug free way to relieve the effects of excess stress.
- Very gentle touch – especially for hands and feet – can assist in the care of people with chronic illness.
- Physiological and psychological benefits are far reaching throughout the lifespan and for a range of conditions.
- Massage can be especially beneficial for physical disabilities and other physical difference.
(adapted from NZCM stage 1 manual)
Booking a massage
Enter your details below and we will contact you as soon as possible to make an appointment.